*bisexual considerate muttering*
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
… wow, now I feel like my AP US History teacher went above and beyond in a lot of ways. We spent a fair bit of time talking about the “boarding schools” that … really, boarding school isn’t the right name for them. Forced acculturation centers is a better term. While we didn’t go into depth on our early presidents’ attitudes, he was rather … critical (that’s a good, mild term) of the idea of manifest destiny, and strongly attacked the theft of native land.
I wish every school, every US history student, had a teacher like that. Because he was amazing. He was the first person to really teach me to be critical of history books, and for that I will always be grateful.
she is a glass of sherry and your hands shake. she
is the color of the moon towards the end of october
and you want to cup your hands to catch her.
her smile is how it feels when you slip into warm clothing, her
eyes are a bonfire where everyone is laughing and some kid
is playing guitar quietly and your crush is sitting
right next to you
her poet heart is so fragile sometimes we wonder
if she will come apart but the thing about poets is
they can take agony and shape it into buildings
and she has taken every bit of your agony and shaped
you into something beautiful
she is warm rain on an upturned face, she is
an unexpected honest compliment, she
can tell that you’re not just tired you’re also
empty of all emotion
and she will hold your hand while you struggle
to overcome that, she is the feeling you get
when a butterfly chooses you to land on,
she is safety and she is home
and she belongs
to you alone.
"I can trust her with anything and she’s understanding and smart and I feel like she’s the only person who understands me.” // r.i.d
Dark green georgette fabric with the white and yellow design throughout the sari. It’s absolutely beautiful, and perfect for a night out or any event. Maybe even try it with a corset! A dull yellow, or silver corset, or black, or a corset like mine! There is no blouse.
$10 + shipping
*Corset not included*
You are a goddess! Teach me.
OMG a sari with a corset O.O
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.
Fausto Puglisi S/S 2015
Snowflakes are actually the perfect metaphor for people. Each one IS unique, but we all have the same structure and are pretty similar in spite of our differences. And really, with as many around as there is, aint no one gonna notice your differences unless they care enough to look closely.
People are also similar to snowflakes in that it is difficult to drive when there are too many of them piled up on the road.
Well that took a turn I didn’t expect
Versace S/S 2015